Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Artistic Inspiration: Then and Now "Day2"


Today is the second day of the Virtual Gallery Walk. Make sure that you "walk" on over to these artists blogs:

Kathy Cano-Murillo: http://www.craftychica.com/


In preparing for this Gallery  Walk and thinking about where I find inspiration I narrowed it down to four ideas ~ COLOR, NATURE, SHAPE and TECHNIQUE. I find that I have to let the initial idea percolate in my mind for awhile...I allow it to take shape in my mind's eye...I don't sketch it out and when I feel that it has taken shape then I go to work on the project. While working is when I start rearranging, adding, subtracting, looking at, thinking, looking at...it's like a loop!

Colors I choose to work with have a tendency to be brighter and often based on the colors of water, beach, ocean. Here are a few examples of my color choices:






If you are just starting the Virtual Gallery Walk you will want to go and check out the artists from "Day1":



Make sure you check out each day as 2 different artists will be sharing their Artistic Inspiration! Tomorrow for Day 3 will be the talented Catherine Matthews-Scanlon and ME!

Have a creative day...




1 comment:

  1. I always am inspired by your creations!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!