Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Art Journal on my radar screen...


I have to give credit where credit is due!!! In Jan. I saw a blog post from Julie Balzer...Art Journal Every Day. Although I had thought about doing this I was timid and not sure that I had the artistic abilities to do one. Seeing this blog post was the impetus to start. I'm not sure if Julie realizes that she kicked my butt into gear...now it's one of my favorite form of art to create!!! So if anyone sees Julie tell her for me ;)
ART JOURNALS : Doing Art Journals was the last thing I ever thought I would do... much less enjoy. This is a brand new art discovery for me. I started out very slow...didn't want to jump in with both feet so I took apart two Tattered Angels  albums {I love the paper that is used in them}. I figured IF I liked this process I would then bind them into my SO CALLED Art Journal. I worked on these individual pages off and on from Jan. to the end of April and created 35 pages. Surprisingly I really enjoyed this process so I took off my training wheels and started my big-girl Art Journal at the beginning of May.
Creating backgrounds has become one of my favorite parts {still not big on the journaling...baby steps} and using Tattered Angels paint mediums is so rewarding for the incredible designs that can be created. So I would like to share with you a few of the pages I created this month. They are self-explanatory but I've listed the Tattered Angels paint mediums & colors used.
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mists: Cornflower DazeSproutGrape ApeTeal High Heel. Golden Gesso, Tim Holtz masking tape, 7 Gypsies tissue paper.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Bell Bottom JeansCadillac PinkFrost & Piece of Heart. Golden Gesso, Tim Holtz masking tape, Tattered Angels Stamps & Ten Seconds Studio Alphabet Stamps.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: MarmaladeSun Sisters & Trunk Bay. Tattered Angels Glaze: Penny Loafer. Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze: Peach Bellini & Tide Pool. Golden Gesso. Stamps from Donna Downey Collection & Julie Balzer Collection.
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze: Golden Goddess. Tattered Angels Chalkboard:Inchworm. Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Turquoise Blue. Tattered Angels Butterfly screen & stamp.

1 comment:

  1. From me to you, I'm so glad to hear that! Loved seeing your beautiful pages on flickr too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!