Saturday, May 28, 2011

Art in the Round...

I love circles and anything round...always have, there is something so alive in that shape. I'm not crazy about angles it seems like such work to get to a corner and then have to do a 90 degree turn. It's all about personal preference. With this in mind I went on a search for a round canvas and I did indeed find them. For the past 3 months I have been working on a series of the canvas to see if there was potential in using them in my art...because that's what I prefer. I also accidentally stumbled upon a technique that I'm crazy about involving Tattered Angels paint mediums {of course}. My intention is to create a tutorial for this and you will see it in the next few weeks {once school is finished}. I'm going to share with you some raw pictures of 2 of the canvases that I've created. I would love to hear what you think!



1 comment:

  1. Hello Martha
    Susan from New Zealand here, I absolutely love the canvases and I am intrigued with your BG and will look forward to the tutorial, I can see texture and movement in both creations, the first circle is almost spiritual but then you see the world. The second palette has a different response,it is softer this one creates the feeling of romance, symbolised by your red flower.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!