Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tattered Angels Resist Techniques + Kid Friendly


Tattered Angels DT Theme for July is projects that are easy enough for kids utilizing resist techniques. I don’t have any children living nearby but this may be one of the easiest techniques that could be used. This is another technique that I love to use to create my own backgrounds. This time instead of paper I am using a Canvas Corp Mini Journal Book made from canvas. Although I have the start of an idea of what the final project will be  and it’s just a start I can at least share 4 of the pages that I have created.

I like to use  Claudine Hellmuth’s Studio Multi-Medium Matte, a gel medium, and a stencil to get started…along with a palette knife or old credit card. Spread a thin coat of the gel medium over the stencil, remove the stencil and allow to air dry or get out the heat gun. It leaves a clear resist that then can be misted with your favorite Tattered Angels paint products. Here are several of the pages that I’v created so far:
I went for light, neutral colors with the idea that it might be tea-dyed or aged.
Material Used: The Crafters Workshop Balzer Design’s Stencil ~ Mini Mix & Match Hearts, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Medium Matte, Canvas Corp Canvas Mini Journal, Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist~Sandy BeachGlimmer Mist ~ Post Card , Gilded Gold
Light neutral colors but with a hint of color for the starburst & star.
Materials Used: The Crafters Workshop ~ Starburst, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Medium Matte, Canvas Corp Canvas Mini Journal, Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist~Sandy BeachGlimmer Mist ~ Post Card , Gilded Gold, Silk, Sun Sisters, Pumpkin Spice
Light neutral colors but with a hint of color  for the cover.
Material Used: The Crafters Workshop Dylusions Stencil ~ Dotted Flowers, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Medium Matte, Canvas Corp Canvas Mini Journal, Tattered AngelsChalkboard Glimmer Mist~Sandy BeachGlimmer Mist ~ Post Card , Gilded Gold, Silk
I created this flower to use on the cover…it looks better in person but I haven’t attached it yet so I can change my mind when completed. I LOVE how the Canvas Corp Flower came out.

Material Used: The Crafters Workshop Dylusions Stencil ~ Dotted Flowers, Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Medium Matte, Canvas Corp Canvas Mini Journal & Flower, Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Art Parts ~ Button, Helmar 450 Quick Dry  Adhesive, Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist~Sandy BeachGlimmer Mist ~ Post Card , Gilded Gold, Silk, Sun Sisters, Pumpkin Spice, Moss & Verdigris

I hope you give this technique a try. I will be back later this month with more projects and news from the 2012 SUMMER CHA in Chicago, Il. Speaking of which...I better finish packing!!!



3 comments:

  1. These are pretty cool Martha, love what you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ADORE every one of these ideas... resist is such fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE you work, Martha. It never disappoints.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!