Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Color Theory with Tattered Angels


Color is usually where a project starts for me…it has to whisper to me, it has to strike the right chord. I actually taught color theory in my classroom when I taught Clothing & Textiles, Interior Design and believe it or not in my Foods classes for the past 40 years. LOVE Color Theory ;)

This project looks at ANALOGOUS (uh-NAL-uh-gus) colors which sit next to each other on the color wheel. They tend to look pleasant together because they are closely related. If you want to learn more about it color I suggest you visit COLOR MATTERS website.

If you look at nature for inspiration you will find perfect examples to draw inspiration from. Here is a picture of a Moonflower blossom that I took while on vacation this summer, it is a perfect example of an ANALAGOUS color combo.
I created this 5x7” canvas envelope from Canvas Corp using the Analagous color scheme of blues, greens and violets.

Supplies needed:
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist ~ Fairway, Calypso, Splash, Boogie Board
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Key Lime Pie, Moss & Icicle Blue
Canvas Corp: 5x7” canvas envelope
Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
Pink Paislee Pleated Ribbon
Balzer Designs Stencil: Peacock Feathers
Misc: Hand Cut canvas leaves, peacock feather, dragonfly belt stud

Have a creative day...thanks for stopping by:)




3 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Hello GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the feathers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning colours Martha! and gorgeous projects. I never seem to get my Glimmer Mists so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was cool. I bookmarked that site you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!