Sunday, April 15, 2012

ATC's, Tim Holtz, Creative Chemistry 101 & Helmar

I just finished taking Creative Chemistry 101 with the Professor, Tim Holtz. It was an incredible class for so many reasons. I think on top of learning about all the fabulous Ranger products and how they are REALLY used...{I've never had such in-depth instruction on a product} was the fact the Tim Holtz truly is an educator. As a teacher I look at other instructors through my own lens & experiences...take away all the product and the glitz and the glam...strip it all away and you find that Tim Holtz is a natural born teacher. He loves disseminating information...he really wants his students to get it! His presentations are clear and to the point, succinct and fine tuned. A great experience and I really hope that he will continue on with this format of online teaching...especially for all of us that can't get to or into a workshop with Tim Holtz.


I mistakenly thought I had a Helmar Blog post today...duh...next week {BY THE WAY ~ HELMAR Design Team applications are being taken until 4/18th, just click on the above link to find out more}. This projects will not be suitable at that time and I didn't want to waist what I created. All the pictures are in raw format...I didn't finish editing them but I want to share this project. I'm going to load the pictures and I think you will get the gist of what I created. Enjoy & let me know what you think ;)





These 6 ATC's are for my very 1st ATC Swap that I'm involved in...the background was made using the MARBLED STAINS technique, the little bee in the upper right corner was stamped using Chipped Sapphire distress ink & clear embossing powder, The heart was painted with Worn Lipstick Distress stain and then coated with Spun Sugar Stickles, each piece was highlighted with Weathered Twig Distress Ink {this is my favorite brown, it's from there Fall Ltd. Ed. collection} and lastly the brass bee embellishment. Each ATC card is signed and numbered on the back...I made a total of 7 but will be swapping only 6...I made an extra just in case I goofed up...and I did ;)


Hope you get the idea of what I was working on...enjoy and let me know what you think...I love hearing from my eaters ;)


Martha
Challenge: Simon Says Stamp - T!m Techniques

5 comments:

  1. Love the ATCs...wish I was in your swap! Glad to hear you enjoyed Tim's Creative Chemistry class...I need to get going on that! I've only watched day 1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you MUST...I learned so much...come on...get to for Christine:)

      Delete
  2. cool technique with the marbled stains, looks like you had fun with this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ATCs, Martha! Love the marbled stain effect, especially with the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ATC's are amazing -- and so much prettier in person. Got them all packed up and ready to ship for tomorrow -- oh and a little prize for you too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!