Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Helmars Big Daddy Glue Caddy & Tattered Angels

This month our focus on the Tattered Angels blog was to show all the different MISTABLES. I already know how fabulous it works on wood and when I saw Tracy Weinzapfel show off her altered glue caddy on Helmar Live! I knew that I had to have one to store my beloved HELMAR GLUE ADHESIVES in. I ordered from here and received it in a week knowing that it would become one of my monthly projects. I would like to share with you what I created.


The first Mistable Project that I worked on is a combination of wood, metal and canvas. I wanted to alter my Big Daddy Glue Caddy. Choosing the new Fern Chalkboard, Seven Seas Chalkboard and Mallard Glimmer Mist I started randomly layering on the colors. I misted the Kaisercraft Wooden leaves with Butternut Squash Glimmer Mist & Inchworm Chalkboard Mist and covered with Private Meadow Glimmer Glam & Hayride Glimmer Glam. I misted the Kaisercraft wooden heart with Nougat Glimmer Mist. I added Prima canvas letters misted  with Pumpkin Spice & Mallard Glimmer Mist and Fairways Chalkboard Mist. I painted all the metal  embellies with Fairway & Seven Seas Chalkboard Mist and Mermaid Glimmer Glam. Once everything was dry I assembled my caddly with Hemars 450 Quick Dry glue. This is the caddy at work.  



I have a secret {I just had to say that because it seems like everyone today has some kind of secret}...well not really but I am excited about being Helmar's Guest Designer in September. Please stop by the Helmar blog and see what I have in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!