Friday, March 1, 2013

PanPastels and Art Journals

I love working with PanPastels and I had the opportunity to play this week with an assignment from the Helmar Design Team promo week with PanPastels. I chose to look at its uses differently...instead of creating a background from PanPastels I would start with a background already completed. I also wanted to see how they would work over various types of materials I would be using. This journal page was created in the Dyan Reaveley Creative Journal which has become one of my favorite to work in. The paper is scrumptious and was designed for a variety of mediums.The stencils I used for this page is one of the new Ronda Palazzari designs from The Crafters Workshop called Quatrafoil in the 12x12 size and Balzer Designs Diamonds. I used several Tim Holtz stamps from Stampers Anonymous and also from MaVinci Stamps.













Here are photos taken during different stages of completion.
Acrylic background created with Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers.
Vintage sheet music applied with Helmar Acid Free Glue.
PanPastel applied with the Angle Slice Art Sponge.
PanPastels applied over collaged and gessoed wash tape & vintage sheet music.
Using a stencil designed by Ronda Palazzari and applying Versamark Ink this pattern was created
when PanPastels were applied over it.
Tim Holtz Melange Tissue paper, vintage book pages and washi tape with
several colors of  PanPastels layered over them.
Stamped image with PanPastels applied with Soffit Knife Tool.

Completed journal page.


I was very pleased with experimenting how PanPastels would react with different mediums. After finishing I did spray both pages with a fixative to make sure they would not smear. I was pleased at how adding PanPastels over acrylic paint actually added depth and color. 

Thanks for stopping by today...I hope I've inspired you to take a look at PanPastels! Have a great weekend.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Martha
    Looks great! I just posted it at our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MixedMediaStudio - it looks great!

    Berni
    PanPastel

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and love love love the music paper and the balloon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this came out -- I've only used a stencil brush to apply the panpastel -- I love the looks of that soffit knife tool! Martha, you have a lovely way with color and texture, this came out fantastic! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful martha! I love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!!! Man I could look at the layers and colors in that background all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Martha - loved seeing how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!