Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Art Journal Page Defines...

I want to share an expanded look at an art journal page created for THE MONTHLY WORD Blog that I collaborate with Catherine Matthews-Scanlon. Using art journaling helps me define what I'm thinking at a particular time. This was created for my choice of Re~Order as my Feb. Monthly Word.

The background of these pages are actually mop pages where I scrape excess acrylic paints off when working on other projects so I'm not wasting my supplies. I keep several journals going and use them to do this so I always have backgrounds in various stages of being complete. Right now my favorite journal to work in is the Dyan Reaveley Creative Journal, the papers she chose are meant for mixed media work and they fit the bill!

I stenciled over my background with a stencil designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer exclusively for Cocoa Daisy and also punchinella {sequin waste}. I used FRESCO PAINT from Paper Artsy in Mermaid & Snowflake. Love the matte finish of these paints. The tag was a gift tag created by Vicki Chrisman and it turns out that it is one of my FAVORITE stamps and symbol...the Dragonfly.

On this page I utilized several stamped images to symbolize the areas of my life that needs to be RE~Ordered {here is the original post}. The stamps are from various collections of Tim Holtz and Wendy Vecchi stamp sets. These were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black. I painted several areas of the images with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dapper in Metallic Gold...it has one of the best colors in a metallic gold that I have found. You will see that I scraped thin lines with this paint throughout the pages.

In the following close-up pages you will see various other techniques I used to create interest, texture and depth to these pages...scraped lines, splatters,  and hand painted circles. All images were glued using Helmar Adhesives and Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pens for hand detail work.





I'm really pleased with the final outcome of these pages. The backgrounds were created over a several week period just waiting for the right inspiration to come along and finish.

Do you art journal and what are your favorite background techniques?

Thanks for stopping by...have a creative day!




1 comment:

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!