Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mixed Media Workshop Part 2

Here is a quick recap of the Mixed Media class I blogged about here. Serenity Studio Arts is exactly what it sounds like...it's a studio where one can go to throw pottery, or paint, or do stained class or make jewelry. BUT, up until now, there weren't any signs of Mixed-media, art journaling, paper arts or anything that falls into that category. I'm excited to say that has all changed and it's due to the enthusiasm of the owner. Courtney wants to learn it all and that is enough for me to jump in and say..."I can teach you that!".

Here's just a few photos that I was able to snap during the class. I have more but somehow I've lost them in iPhoto and can't find them...not deleted but disappeared...lol! If and when I find them I will update this post! It was a small class but I felt comfortable with this size to start. 













Now here's the best part of the happenings at Serenity Studio Arts...to say I'm a wee bit excited is an understatement! I'm going to be the featured artist for First Friday Art Walk, Apr. 5 2013, Serenity Studio Arts,Elizabeth City, NC!! If you're around come on down!
"ART JOURNALING....What is it? Why do it? How do I start? All are great questions! A fun way to express yourself artistically in many ways. Local artist, Martha Richardson will demo this fantastic art form during the FIRST FRIDAY ART WALK here on, April 5th from 5:30-7:30pm. We are also going to be starting an Art Journaling group to meet and work together a few times a month starting in April.....more details to come!"

Well it's the end of a long weekend and I have a studio to clean up...here to a great week coming up!




3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! The students will learn so much from you and I am happy to are getting this opportunity. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!