Welcome back to The Whatevers Round 2. I hope you have decided to play along and enjoy the fun we are having. I'd like to share my story for August.
My FLAMBOYANT UNCLE & CANTALOUPE JAM
Once a week my Uncle Mike would drive to visit us while we were at Lilydale. It was always a party when he came. One never knew what to expect other than a loud rumbling noise and the horn blowing on his new automobile. Mama would always laugh and shake her head at her youngest brother and mutter under her breath…”he’s so flamboyant”.
On those times he visited we would all scramble into his automobile and take off for the backcountry roads where we would stop at all the farm stands along the road. It was always an adventure, especially when he started going fast down the roads.
Mama was always on the look out for fresh produce, especially fruit, for her pastries and homemade preserves. The visitors at Lilydale clamored for these and wanted jars of her now famous Cantaloupe Jam to take home with them. Before we headed back home Uncle Mike would stop at the Pharmacy where he would let us pick out our favorite ice cream cone and perhaps even a banana split.
We hated to see him leave because it was like someone just sucked all the fresh air out of our bodies. We were back at the very strange place that I didn’t like…but that is a different story for a different day.Here are links to Catherine, Cuchy, Nathalie & Vickie's creative stories about The Whatevers. Please stop by and see what they have created.
If you would like to play along this is what you need to know:
Here is how it works
- Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Nathalie and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
HERE IS THE PHOTO FOR THIS MONTH'S WHATEVERS:
Thanks for stopping by ;)