Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist & GrungeBoard

The new colors of the Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist are phenomenal and I've been trying different foundation materials to see how the Chalkboard worked with them. I've been really pleased but there is one material that just grabbed the mist and showed the strength of each color...Tim Holtz's GrungBoard...oh my!




Here is a project I created for the HELMAR Adhesive blog. It’s an interpretation of Tim Holtz’s Patchwork Pandemonium and the incredible Niche Canvas from Ten Second Studio. After misting all my grunge board pieces with the brand new Tattered Angels Chalkboard colors I preceded to glue the mosaic in place over the already created tissue paper background.


To add interest I added several different metal embellishments representing important things in my life. Because they are heavy the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive was absolutely necessary. The two metal embellishments with hanging charms are secured with Scrap Dots to give the dimension needed for the charms to hang correctly. In the actual niche I have a Bird Cage suspended from the top of it and again to secure and hold the birdcage I used the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.


Materials used: 
Tattered angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist:

Tim Holtz Grungeboard & Assorted Ideology
7 Gypsies Tissue Paper Birdsong & Assorted embellishments
HELMAR Adhesives: 450 Quick Dry & Liquid Scrapdot

Now that I have shown you the original project I think I want to dull down the colors and was thinking of using Rub n' Buff...what do you think...I want more of an aged effect? Let me know you thoughts...your comments are truly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

Martha 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!