Sunday, August 28, 2011

Do you know your MISTABLES?


Meet the Mistables has been the focus of all the projects this month. I would like to share the following projects with you..hopefully to inspire you to try the multitude of possibilities.The first Mistable Project that I worked on is a combination of wood, metal and canvas. I wanted to alter my Big Daddy Glue Caddy. Choosing the new Fern ChalkboardSeven Seas Chalkboard and Mallard Glimmer Mist I started randomly layering on the colors. I misted the Kaisercraft Wooden leaves with Butternut Squash Glimmer Mist & Inchworm Chalkboard Mist and covered with Private Meadow Glimmer Glam & Hayride Glimmer Glam. I misted the Kaisercraft wooden heart with Nougat Glimmer Mist. I added Prima canvas letters misted  with Pumpkin Spice & Mallard Glimmer Mist and Fairways Chalkboard Mist. I painted all the metal  embellies with Fairway & Seven Seas Chalkboard Mist and Mermaid Glimmer Glam. Once everything was dry I assembled my caddly with Hemars 450 Quick Dry glue. This is the caddy at work.In an attempt to show all the possible Mistables I created 4 tags using various embellishments. The manilla tags are actually glimmer mops...I use them to soak up all the excess paint after misting and save them for future use. I couldn't tell you what colors I used on the tags but I can refer you to the ones used to embellish.Using Chandelier Glimmer Glam to create sparkle on the corrugated cardboard and 3 grungeboard stars covered in Alaskan Salmon Chalkboard Mist with Orange Crush Glimmer Glaze applied to outer edges compliments this tag. The linen ribbon was misted with the new Nougat Glimmer Mist.The pleated ribbon from Pink Paislee is misted in Autumn Nights & Pomengranate Glimmer Mist while the metal star received a coat of Rustic Glimmer Glam and edges touched with Orange Crush Glimmer Glaze.Various colors of Glimmer Mist are embellished with a homemade paper towel heart that has also been a glimmer mop covered with Chandelier Glimmer Glam. The linen ribbon used on all the tags are misted with Nougat Glimmer Mist.On the final tag a canvas and felt heart from Basically Bare have been misted with Pumpkin Spice Glimmer Mist and Inchworm Chalkboard and then stamped. Corrugated cardboard and a wooden letter covered with Fern and Mallard Chalkboard Mist along with a chipboard crown coated with Chandelier Glimmer Glam.
My final Mistable is my favorite shape canvas to work on...art in the round. After misting, gesso, tissue paper, more misting, stenciling I added 2 manilla tags that again started off as glimmer mops. All in all I used the following colors to create this canvas: Fairways, Fern & Seven Seas Glimmer Chalkboard. Butternut Squash, Kiwi Lime, Mallard, Nougat & Pumpkin Spice Glimmer Mist. Chipboard letters stamped and embossed, a canvas heart from Basically Bare & corrugated cardboard round out this piece.
I want to also share the effect of Chalkboard Glimmer Mist on Grunge Board. These examples are for a project I am creating for a Guest Designer spot with Helmar Adhesives. Using a heavy spray of any CHALKBOARD cover the Grunge Board and allow to dry naturally...do not remove any color. You will be amazed at the intensity of color and glimmer!
I hope that these projects give you more ideas of how all the Tattered Angels PAINT MEDIUMS can be used...on & off the page. My suggestion is jump in & give it a try...you can't make a mistake. Make sure you come back and see all the remaining projects the design team has to share!
Commit to the Mist ;)

1 comment:

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!