Friday, March 30, 2012

Tattered Angels & Background Art Paper Part II

The next set of pages are from my art journal that I’ve been working on. Again I want everyone to see how incredible these projects work for creating your own background papers. This page is being created with techniques from a class, 30 Days in Your Journal, with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. After applying a light layer of gesso I sprayed the following colors ~  Purple Pansy, Piece of Heart, Juniper and Electric Blue Glimmer Mist and Calypso & Fairway Glimmer Chalkboard with a Crafters Workshop stencil that is becoming one of my favorites. More 7 Gypsies paper tape and a border stamp designed by Dyan Reaveley's for Dylusions  help to create this 2 page spread which will finish on my grandson’s, Shane, 8th birthday. Here are the results:

I'm so glad you stopped by...it is Friday which means that for the next 2 days I can create art whenever I want...only 40 more school days and I will be to do that all the time....yipee!

Have a great weekend ;)

4 comments:

  1. nice one martha in fabulous earthy colors

    have fun on your creative weekend and that count down

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pages you have, love the leaves and springy look to it. I like how you added the heart for your grandsons birthday. Funny that your counting down the days just like my kids are. I'm counting down to when they will go back in the fall, haha seems that I don't get much creative time when they are home.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your work, not sure I could possibly reach this level! Beautiful beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages!! I keep wanting to do some pages that spread over a week or more but never get around to it. Love how yours turned out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!