Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Whatevers or Where is Waldo?




Hello and welcome back to the final months adventure in creative storytelling with THE WHATEVERS. I want to take this moment to thank the three original Whatevers for including me this year…Vicki Chrisman, Nathalie Kalbach and Catherine Matthews Scanlon. I'm so honored to have worked with them in past and hopefully future projects. Also a shout-out to Cuchy who has been a great supporter and author this round! Here is my take for July…enjoy!


"I spent my childhood and teen years at the Maplewood Inn in Lilydale, NY yet I knew that my time there would soon be over. I graduated from high school and would soon be heading back to NYC to attend NYU. I was excited yet afraid. Over the years I learned how to control my psychic abilities when I was around regular people. It was hard because I have a funny little spirit guide who loves to appear and disappear at the most inopportune time. I called him Waldo and I hoped that he would stay back in Lilydale because he was so silly and it was hard not to laugh at his antics. 

Waldo would hide behind the curtains and jump out, hang from the chandelier, under the pillows on the couch and jump out at any time, he was very mischievous. What would I do if he followed me to college, how would I explain my abilities to my new friends, how would I explain all the estrange occurrences created by Waldo. I worried, I fretted, it was all in vain. The day I left Lilydale Waldo came to me and told me that he didn't want to leave, that he would stay at Lilydale and wait for me to return. Waldo didn't want to go to college or live in a big city, he wanted to stay behind at the Maplewood Inn and wreak havoc. And sure enough that's what he did!

Here are links to the other creative stories about The Whatevers. Please stop by and see what these fabulous artists have created.
If you would like to play along it's not to late to join in. Here are all the details that you need to know.
Here is how it works ~
  • Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Nathalie and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th –  each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
  • There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!

4 comments:

  1. I worried, I fretted...ha ha the story of my Life Martha! Hope you are having a great vacation -- miss you -- talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waldo ! Love this!! Such a fun page !Thank you Martha for being part of whatevers- I loved your stories and recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Amazing Martha!! and YES... we have to work on things together AGAIN and AGAIN! or I will be SAD! I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found him! I found him!! :)
    Thank you for your words Martha! It's been a happy year filled with fun projects and stories.
    Loves, Cuchy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!