Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fun with Helmar & Faber-Castell


Helma fc

This week the Helmar DT created projects utilizing all the fabulous Faber-Castell Products, here are my 2 projects:

Here is my 1st Helmar Design Team project to share with you and I'm really excited because it was created using canvas fabric. I wanted you to see how well these products work not only on paper but also fabric. The first thing I did was use HELMAR's Fray Stoppa to reduce the fray on the fabric. LOVE THIS STUFF!
Helmar-Fray-Stoppa-1
Once dry you can remove any stray strands and be insured that it won't fray anymore. This is how Helmar's Fray-Stoppa looks after it's completely dry...that is a selling point for me that it totally disappears on this fabric. I would suggest that you try this on a sample of any fabric you use to make sure that it is color-fast.
Helmar-Fray-Stoppa-2
Here is the finished Canvas Corp Canvas Tag using 4 different Faber-Castell products...Gelatos, Pitt Pastel Pencils, Pitt Artisit Pen & Art Grip Aquarelle Pencils.
I used the Gelatos on the small canvas piece that was pre-printed with the frog scene {Basic Grey}.
The Prima Resist Border and handmade leaf was colored with the Art Grip Aquarelles.
The Studio Calico Wood Butterflies were colored with the Pitt Pastel Pencils
I traced a border with a Pitt Artist Pen in Black {S}.
Faber-Castell-products-used
The border and frog canvas were attached to the Canvas Corp Tag with HELMAR'S Fabric Glue. After completing the canvas tag I felt like it needed a 2nd leaf so I created another...both leaves were attached at the top only, with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, so they would float above the frog. The wood butterflies were also attached with Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. I just love this tag and it reminds me of a favorite fairtytale from my chilhood, Thumbelina.
Faber-Castell-Helmar-project
Here is a close-up of the bottom of the tag:
Faber-Castell-close-up


And here is my 2nd project for our FUN with HELMAR and Faber-Castell week. I was in the mood to do something fun & funky after spending all week getting projects ready for CHA. I started with Dylusions Cling Stamps by the most fabulous Dyan Reaveley. After creating my stamped image I then grabbed all differenct colors of the Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen's and got to work. Her funky hair utilized all my favorite colors and I also added them to her incredibly long eyelashes. With adding some Glossy Accents to her lips and eyelashes she was ready to be attached to a Ranger Craft Tag, size #8 in Manilla, that had been painted with various blue and green Faber-Castell GELATOS & misted with water. To create depth I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs {I love this shade}. I decided that one tag wasn't enough so I created a second to match and again stamped the leaves using Dylusions Stamps and colored the leaves with 2 shades of green with a PITT Artist Stampers BIG BRUSH.
The pleated ribbon was created by using a natural color canvas ribbon from Canvas Corp and the same shades of GELATOS used on the tags. Not sure how this would work I was pleasantly surprised at how well the ribbon took the color when I added a misting of water and started finger painting...for real! Aren't the colors fabulous on the fabric ribbon...great to now that you can match your ribbon to your background using the same Faber-Castell products. Some 7Gypsie Washi tape and the project is complete.


Where does HELMAR come in...all paper was adhered together with Professional Acid Free Glue...my metal beetles attached with Liquid Scrap Dots...the ribbon trim attached with 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. Isn't she just so fun & funky?

Faber-Castell-Tag

Faber-Castell-Tag-#2
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have enjoyed our Fun with Faber-Castell Week...I know I have.

1 comment:

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!