Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tattered Angels Design Team 2012


Been busy...busy...busy. It's a good busy but phew...I've bubblewrapped my last project that will heading with me to CHA. I want to share my latest post from the Tattered Angels blog. I hope you enjoy ;) Now back to work!

I'm so excited to be back for a second term on the Tattered Angels Design Team and to be in the presence of such creative artists. I'd like to share with you three projects I submitted for the DT call. It was nerve wracking trying to figure out how to do something different, step out of my comfort zone, be unique and stand out.
My first project is an altered word mirror that I paid $1.99 for at Michaels. I'm calling this my thrift store project because it cost only pennies to make. Before misting the mirror I stamped around the inside of the mirror and applied Golden Glass Bead medium and embedded a large assortment of various embellishments & trinkets. Once dry I misted the mirror with Tattered Angels Blackberry CordialTimberline Glimmer Mist and Seven Seas Chalkboard Glimmer Mist. To finish off I used a fan brush and appliedTwinkle ToesPixie DustOcean Spray and Bordeaux Glimmer Glam to add some glitter and sparkle.
For my second project I tried something I've never done before...a white on white creation. I tend to grab and use lots & lots of color but in this case I decided to really step out of my comfort zone. This is going to be a first in  a series of the four seasons. WINTER DREAMS is done on a 12" round canvas, my favorite type of canvas to work on! I applied several different random layers from books, music and paper to the canvas with Helmar Decopage. A thin coat of gesso was applied next over all the paper and I stenciled 3 snowflakes with a heavier layer of gesso.  I started misting until I was happy with the background. Then antique lace, crystals, pearls and a Pink Paislee alphabet were applied with various Helmar Adhesives to finish this off. I used the following colors for this canvas: Glimmer Mists in Snow Queen, Iridescent GoldBronzeNougatDazzling Diamonds & Pearl. Chalkboard Glimmer Mist in Chalk, Glimmer Glam in Chandelier &Twinkle Toes and Glimmer Glaze in Champagne.
My final project was created for my husband Phil who encourages me every step of the way and also offers honest {and often correct} critiques of my projects. Another inexpensive wood box that I picked up along the way altered into a box to hold "whatnots" on his computer desk. Stamping, embossing, Tim Holtz Ideaology parts & Grunge Board pieces add to the design of this box. The Tattered Angels Colors use were Glimmer Mist in TimberlineMallardSnowy Pine and Blackberry Cordial, Chalkboard inCalypso and Glimmer Glaze in Icicle & Emerald Cove finish off the colors.
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Martha! Thanks for sharing your application projects. I love that frame with the embedded items. And the box, too.... beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a 2nd term! These are great projects so I am not surprised you are on their team! How cool that you are going to CHA - have a blast there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks I he{ART} hearing from you!